About the Business
DIAB Engineering is a leading supplier of plant maintenance, shutdown, fabrication and project services to the mining resources and infrastructure sectors across Australia and internationally. We pride ourselves on ensuring that excellent customer service is provided at all times through our strong team culture, dedication and skills within the industry.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Purchasing Officer with proven experience in a high paced office environment to join our highly motivated team.
This is a full-time position which will provide support, predominantly to the Engineering team, in the creation of purchase orders to our suppliers. This will involve working with other staff to source the required materials and services and to liaise with suppliers. The position will be based in Geraldton. Applicants outside of Geraldton are also encouraged to apply, and DIAB will consider relocation assistance as required for the successful candidate.
A summary of key responsibilities is outlined below
- Assistance with attaining quotes from suppliers
- Management of the supplier database within the ERP system (Zavanti)
- Creation of Purchase Orders for all aspects of the business
- Compilation and submission of supplier credit applications
- Assisting with the transportation of goods and orders
- Updating the Asset Management & Internal Intranet/Sharepoint Systems
- Permits for over height and oversized goods
- Assistance with operational based audits
- General office duties including scanning and filing.
- Prior experience in a busy office environment and ability to adapt to a range of tasks and driven by work demands
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High levels of accuracy with processing large volumes of paperwork
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong literacy in the Microsoft suite of products – Excel, Word and Outlook
- Willing to work as part of a team and interact with all levels within the business.
How to Apply:
How to Apply
DIAB Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we strongly support diversity in our workforce. Applicants from a wide sector of the community including women and indigenous cultures are encouraged to apply.
Due to a high volume of applications, only candidates who match the above criteria's will be contacted.
Does this sound like you? Please apply via our website at diabjobs.com.au OR alternatively follow the link at the bottom of the page.