City of Greater Geraldton
Asset Management Systems Officer
About the position:
The Asset Management Systems Officer will work within the Technical Services team to improve and maintain the City’s asset management systems. This position undertakes a variety of asset management and asset system activities including (but not limited to) asset management system development, data collection, asset register updates, risk management, research, and updating Asset Management system data.
- Provide quality advice and be proactive in the development and documentation of Asset Management system procedures including, but not limited to, maintaining data integrity, data import and maintenance of asset data registers.
- Assist with development of asset management documents including (but not limited to) Asset management plans, strategic documents, asset management policy and procedures.
- Participate in investigations, contribute to continuous improvement and development of new technologies for asset data collection, importing, data management, maintenance systems and smart city technology.
- Maintain and update the City’s asset registers for various asset classes.
- Develop knowledge, through on the job training, of the City’s Asset Management system and assist with training and development of staff with the City’s Asset Management procedures.
For further information view the position description: Asset Systems Support Officer (Ref: 1269)
To gain a better understanding of the role or to discuss the position qualification requirements in more detail, please call James Saunders, Coordinator Technical Services on 08 9956 6735.
The successful applicant will possess sound knowledge of asset management principles and practices and ideally holding relevant qualification supporting their experience.
Completion of a pre-employment medical including alcohol and other substances testing is required of all positions at the City.
Remuneration and benefits:
A salary starting from $81,618 per annum or $41.30 per hour will be offered dependent on knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
Some of the additional benefits of working for the City include:
- Up to 20% Superannuation (with superannuation co-contribution scheme)
- 22 Annual Leave days per annum
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Centrally located
- Free parking
How to Apply:
Interested in applying?
To be considered for this vacancy, you must include the following documents in your application:
- A completed Application Form (to enable the E-Form, save the document to your computer desktop)
- A current resume
- A document (no more than two A4 pages) addressing each of the below listed selection criteria (please refer to the Candidate Information Pack for further details):
- Sound experience in maintaining and updating digital databases and/or asset systems for various asset classes including Civil and Municipal assets;
- Sound knowledge of asset management principles and practices including (but not limited to); asset data registers, condition assessment, maintenance practices, levels of service, asset management strategy and asset roles & responsibilities;
- Critical/Inquisitive thinking and problem solving skills.
Applications should be emailed to the Chief Executive Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to: City of Greater Geraldton, PO Box 101, Geraldton WA 6531 by 4pm, Monday 26 February 2024.