Clinical Applications Support
At Integral Diagnostics we believe in building a healthier world, one patient at a time.
- ASX top 300 listed company
- Leading healthcare provider
- Flexible working environment
Integral Diagnostics (IDX Group) is a leading provider of quality diagnostic imaging services, focussed on delivering the best health outcomes for our patients. We have established a strong reputation for quality, excellence, and innovation based on the knowledge and skills of our professional teams. IDX is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and is a recent addition to the ASX 300 Index. We proudly now have a team of more than 1900 radiologists, imaging and support staff across 89 sites in Australia and New Zealand.
Due to our continued growth in the radiology industry, IDX is currently seeking a Clinical Applications Support team member to provide application support and training to Radiology staff within IDX.
- Ensure integrity and reliability of the RIS, PACS & VR clinical applications on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage escalated tickets from the Group Applications Support team that require advanced troubleshooting/assistance or further training and liaise with vendors to resolve issues.
- Maintain the integrity of the imaging application team by logging all service requests and incidents in the ticket system, including any on-site requests, to ensure all support items are captured.
- Co-Ordinate and provide onsite and remote application training for Radiology staff including Radiologists.
- Assist with the implementation of all IDX Clinical Applications, including planning, requirements gathering, workflow analysis, demonstrations, training, and implementation activities.
- Assist with the creation and continuous evolution of standardised training materials, delivery methods and producing best practice learning material (user guides, videos etc).
- Contribute to a positive and enthusiastic workplace environment, enjoy, and celebrate achievements.
- Advanced application knowledge of RIS (Clario, Karisma, Comrad, Visage or similar).
- Advanced application knowledge of PACS (Intelerad, Carestream, Promedicus or similar).
- Advanced application knowledge of VR (FFI, SpeechMagic, PowerScribe or similar).
- Demonstrated experience in delivering exemplary support to end-users at all levels of the business.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and self-manage your workload.
- Available to travel as and when required.
- Competitive salary, laptop, mobile phone.
- Benefits scheme includes salary packing options, discounted health insurance, fitness passport, generous discounts on medical imaging, banking & travel benefits, employee assistance program, and more
- Generous employee referral program to financially reward our employees on referring great talent.
- Recognitions programs to recognise, celebrate and reward our employees.
- Innovative and expanding company
- Support and engagement with IDX Group Marketing & Business Development team
- Leadership development opportunity - career advancement
- Health and well-being programs
- Flexible work options
- Paid Parental Leave
- Great work-life balance with flexibility available
How to Apply:
Simply visit https://www.integraldiagnostics.com.au/page/join-us/current-vacancies/ to update your interest in this role via our candidate portal. Not already registered? Please submit your resume by selecting "Apply". For further questions, please contact Abbe at email@example.com or on 0499 975 518 for further inquiries.
Please note: Police check and proof of covid vaccination will be required for successful applicants.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians with relevant skills and experience to apply