ASL Minerals - Geochemistry Services
Imagine your future with us
At ALS, we encourage you to dream big.
When you join ALS, you join a purpose and values-driven team that empowers you to innovate, create, and thrive.
Our global team turns up each day with passion and commitment to do amazing things, always challenging our thinking to find ways to solve some of the world’s most complex problems for a safer, healthier world.
ALS Geochemistry is looking for a Maintenance Officer to maintain our equipment across both sites in Kalgoorlie and further add to our maintenance team.
This work will involve routine maintenance of all equipment across the site and attending to breakdowns as required. The position will report to the Facilities and Project Manager.
This full-time role will be responsible for:
- Routine maintenance of all sample preparation and fire assay equipment.
- Building and fabrication of laboratory equipment.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining plant and equipment.
- Important pre-requisites for the role include:
- Current Forklift licence (preferred).
- Welding and grinding experience desired.
- Knowledge and skills in a mechanical trade or desire to learn.
- A high level of communication
- Being willing to work as part of a high-performance team focusing on quality & safety.
- Being reliable, physically fit, and prepared for manual tasks.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Excellent work ethic.
Working at ALS
Our people drive our success at ALS.
We are a diverse and dedicated community united by our passion to make a difference in the world. We reward excellence and uphold our values in our work and how we treat each other.
At ALS, you’ll be supported to expand your skills and develop new ones so you can reach your full potential. We invest in our people with a range of programs and provide opportunities across the company, giving our people scope to grow diverse careers and develop as leaders.
We want everyone to have a safe, flexible and rewarding career that positively impacts our people, the planet and the communities where we work.
Our benefits include:
- Health fund discounts with Bupa
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice car costs with Autopia
- Corporate superannuation benefits with Australian Retirement Trust
- Online learning system with extensive modules of choice
- Friendly working environment with accessible management
- Influenza Vaccinations
- Opportunities to progress and develop your career within ALS, including global opportunities for suitable candidates
How to Apply:
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where each employee's strengths and perspectives are recognised and valued.
ALS is a global leader in scientific testing, providing comprehensive testing solutions to clients in more than 60 countries across a wide range of industries, including environment, food and beverage, mining, personal care, pharmaceutical, healthcare and equipment reliability. Using state-of-the-art technologies and innovative methodologies, our dedicated international teams deliver the highest-quality testing services and personalised solutions supported by local expertise. We help our clients leverage the power of data-driven insights for a safer and healthier world.
To be eligible to work at ALS, you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold or be able to obtain a valid working visa.
How to apply
Please apply online and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.