Simcoa Operations Pty Ltd, located near the port city of Bunbury approximately 200km south of Perth, operates Australia’s only Silicon Metal Smelter, incorporating a sawmill, high temperature charcoal plant, submerged electric arc furnaces, grinding plant, crushing and screening facilities and an off-gas filtration/fume collection baghouse. With a continuous usage of 70MW, we are one of Western Australia’s largest electrical consumers.
Simcoa is seeking Maintenance Mechanical Fitters. The successful candidates will be able to demonstrate experience in the operation, service, fault finding, repair and maintenance of plant such as: conveyors, pumps, gearmotors, vibrating feeders, vibrating screens, pneumatic driven motors, I/D fans, dust collection systems, overhead cranes, hoists and associated plant services. A strong knowledge on bearing technology, and some training in pneumatics – hydraulics is desirable. The position currently follows a 4-day/week roster, Monday to Friday.
In this position, you will be required to
- Ensure all tasks are carried out in line with Simcoa policies and procedures and in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Utilise the computerised maintenance management system to plan and close out scheduled maintenance tasks as required to achieve maximum plant availability at all times.
- Analyse faults and engage in initiatives to improve plant reliability, thus adding value in a multi-skilled production environment.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Trade qualified Mechanical Fitter.
- A minimum of 3 years post trade experience in an industrial environment with exposure to general heavy fixed plant.
- Ability to think logically and be determined to work towards finding favorable solutions and outcomes regarding plant / safety requirements.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Clear and effective communication skills – written and oral.
- Adaptable and flexible to changing conditions.
Only applicants living within a safe driving distance to Bunbury, or in the Bunbury region, will be considered.
Reporting to Maintenance Management, an attractive package, commensurate with the experience and qualifications of the candidate will be offered.
How to Apply:
Written applications and full resume should be received no later than Friday 29 February 2024 and be addressed to:
Kerryann Hall - Executive Assistant
Simcoa Operations Pty Ltd.
PO Box 1389, BUNBURY WA 6231 or
or Email: email@example.com
Simcoa Operations is an equal opportunity employer and operates a site wide ‘No Smoking’ and ‘Clean Shaven’ policy.