Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Fitter) - Sunrise Dam Gold Mine
Join AngloGold Ashanti and make Gold a part of your Story. A story of exploring, mining, and processing one of the world’s rarest and most sought-after metals. Gold revolutionises and shapes the way in which society functions - come and be a part of our team, a team committed to building a better future.
At AngloGold Ashanti, we pride ourselves on having a collaborative workplace that is focused on providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We want to create an environment where people feel comfortable to bring their whole, authentic self to work and feel safe, respected, and valued while doing so.
AngloGold Ashanti is one of the world's largest gold producers with operations and projects spanning across four continents. Our globally diverse, world-class portfolio is supported by focused exploration in the established and new gold producing regions of the world. We offer a working environment that allows every employee to contribute, learn and flourish.
In Australia we own and manage the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine, and the Tropicana Gold Mine (70% AGA owned 30% Regis Resources). These are two of Western Australia’s premier gold operations, with ongoing investment and exploration taking place across both open pit and underground operations at each site.
At AGA we celebrate diversity – diversity of thought and experience is important to us. We look for people that have an abundance of willingness and are up to the challenge of making a difference. With this in mind, if you feel that you may not tick all of the boxes below but believe you have something unique to contribute to our team, we strongly encourage you to apply – let’s have the conversation.
We are now seeking a Mechanical Fitter to join our maintenance team at our Sunrise Dam Gold Mine. Accountable to the Supervisor: Mechanical Maintenance.
This role is based at the Sunrise Dam Gold Mine on an 8/6 FIFO roster, we operate direct flights to our sites from Perth and Kalgoorlie.
- Carrying out maintenance tasks in the mill area as directed by Maintenance Supervisors,
- Maintaining crushers, conveyor systems, pumps, pipe work, ball mill, concentrators, vibrating screens & feeders, cranes & hoists, cyclones and all associated tanks, launders and steelworks. The tasks involved in maintaining this equipment will include, but not necessarily be limited to, fitting, machining, preventative maintenance checks, inspections and fabrication.
- Carry out Mechanical Maintenance tasks on other areas including the Accommodation Village, Mine and Bore Fields.
- Availability to work a nightshift on a roster basis to respond to any equipment breakdowns.
- Assist with shutdown co-ordination and execution.
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want you to collaborate with us, share your ideas and feel confident to challenge the status quo. To be considered, we would like to see you have:
- A current trade qualification as either a fitter and machinist or welder with proven fitting experience.
- Experience in the maintenance of mineral processing or heavy industrial plants preferably with experience in the gold industry.
- The ability to work with noise, dust, elevated work areas, confined work areas, extremes of temperature, water, slurry.
- The ability to work as part of a Multi-skilled Workforce.
- Computer literacy.
- Current WA C Class Drivers Licence.
- Existing and ongoing permanent working rights in Australia (mandatory).
- Ability to obtain a new National Police Clearance.
How to Apply:
Culture and Benefits
Our workplace demonstrates dignity and respect for each other, we offer challenging work, highly competitive remuneration that is regularly adjusted to market conditions and career development opportunities. At AGAA we consider learning as a shared responsibility and your personal development is important to us. Your new benefits will include:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Opportunity to work for an endorsed WORK180 employer
- Access to our industry-leading Wellness Program
- Active committees driving Diversity & Inclusion
- Top Tier Private Health Insurance for you and your family
- Performance Bonus and Incentive Program
- Salary sacrifice options
Our full list of benefits and why we are recognised as an Endorsed Employer for Women by WORK180 can be seen on the WORK180 website.
AGAA recognises that standard recruitment processes are not accessible to everyone. If there are any accommodations or supports that would assist you in participating in the recruitment process for this role, please reach out to our Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity team at InclDiversityEquity@anglogoldashanti.com
Recruitment Agency approaches and referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly to be considered for any role advertised by AngloGold Ashanti Australia.