PKKP Aboriginal Corporation
People and Culture Manager - HR Partner
The Puutu, Kunti, Kurrama and Pinikura Aboriginal Corporation (‘PKKP AC’) is on the hunt for a seasoned HR SUPERSTAR! We are looking for a HR Generalist who loves what they do and enjoys partnering with leaders to empower their people, continuously improve workplace culture, while increasing the organisations overall performance and capability.
- Come join our talented team in protecting and supporting Land, Culture and Community
- Karratha Residential (highly desirable)
At PKKP AC we are committed to making our corporation a high-performance, fun and collaborative workplace. Ensuring our people are inspired, motivated, and empowered to deliver exceptional outcomes for the Puutu Kunti Kurrama and Pinikura Traditional Owners.
If you are a strategic thinker, who enjoys all aspects of the employment lifecycle, with a strong desire to champion transformational people and culture outcomes, then we want to hear from you.
The People and Culture Manager will lead the development and implementation of the People and Culture Strategy, that supports our corporation development and best practice aspirations. This will be a hands-on position, that would suit a change management and growth mindset HR professional, who is passionate about driving values led, high-performance outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Partner with the leadership team to support all aspects of workforce planning, recruitment, employment, development and people management.
- Lead the development of a PKKP AC People and Culture Strategy and action plan
- Regularly report to leadership team to support effective people and culture decision making
- Implement and maintain best practice people related policies.
- Develop and drive effective employee engagement, team collaboration and communication initiatives.
- Ensure the smooth adoption and maintenance of all related system, policy, and process improvements.
- Build strong, authentic and appropriate working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage all talent sourcing, recruitment, onboarding and offboarding process needs
- Lead, develop and implement effective regular and annual review process cycles.
- Partner with Employment Officer to develop, support and promote various community employment and development pathways and programs, that are culturally safe, engaging and well supported.
- Partner and support IR demands, grievances, performance and other related issues, providing appropriate documentation, and meeting facilitation etc.
- Coach and mentor people leaders to build team capacity and capability.
- Develop and implement a learning and development plan and process.
- Oversee and support managers with workplace behaviour, conduct, and performance processes matters, ensuring they are addressed and resolved.
- Other HR projects and initiatives as necessary
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications, skills and capabilities:
- A tertiary qualification in HR, IR, Employment Law or relevant discipline
- Strong HR/IR Generalist background, with a minimum of 7 years' experience.
- Strong working knowledge of the Fair Work Act
- High EQ, with experience in understanding culturally diverse and sensitive workplace issues.
- An authentic, professionally mature, positive, and friendly attitude
- Highly discrete and confidential, with the ability to apply common sense and restorative practices.
- Advanced computer skills and experience using Microsoft Office package.
- Proven ability to build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels to drive results and influence outcomes.
- Strong problem-solving & organisational skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role with demonstratable outcomes
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Capability to Coach and advise employees and leaders on ER/IR matters as required
- Directly overseeing and managing all Corporation ER/IR matters on behalf of PKKP
How to Apply:
This is preferred as a residential role based within the City of Karratha. Located 1600km northwest of Perth, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to live in one of the most magnificent parts of the country!
If you live in Perth but are willing to relocate to Karratha we can offer: competitive salary, relocation support, additional leave, tax concessions and other benefits.
Visit www.karrathaiscalling.com to learn about this fantastic location.
To apply, click the APPLY NOW button
PKKP Aboriginal Corporation is committed to delivering the best possible outcomes and services to the Puutu, Kunti, Kurrama and Pinikura people and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status.