Senior Advisor - Audit & Compliance
Newmont has recently acquired Newcrest Mining creating the world’s leading gold mining company.
With operations around the world, our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities where we operate. We aim to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe, valued, and supported to bring their whole unique self to work. We bring out the best in each other, inspiring performance, and a shared belief that what we do matters.
Our Telfer operation in Australia is now recruiting for the position of Senior Advisor- Audit & Compliance
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in East Pilbara, Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognises the importance of work-life balance. We provide comfortable, well-furnished rooms with Foxtel, along with site offers of quality food with healthy options, medical care, sports, and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days to support our community feel at Telfer.
Who we are looking for
Reporting into the Superintendent- Risk and Compliance we are searching for a Senior Advisor to provide audit and compliance services for the Telfer Safety, Health and Risk function.
This role will focus on providing leadership and support to Telfer’s audit and compliance programs including internal stakeholders and external contractors. You will also work to continually improve the risk reduction and continuous improvement programs through the audit function for Telfer.
We are looking for someone with an eye for detail, an enquiring mind and a focus on continuous improvement. You will work with the site teams to identify opportunities for improvement.
Other key deliverables include:
- Developing, maintaining and reviewing Compliance and Safety and Health System audit documentation including audit tools
- Conducting audits on our contractor partners to ensure legal and Newmont compliance.
- Conducting health and safety compliance and systems audits to measure Telfer against the relevant Newmont standards.
- Conducting legal compliance audits to assess Telfer’s Compliance with the new WA WH&S legislation
- Ensuring compliance with regulator reporting obligations, requests for information and management of notices.
- Participation in the Newmont Fatality Risk Management (FRM) system at Telfer and use of data as evidence in audit processes where appropriate
- Ensuring action management system entry of audit corrective or preventative actions within the required timeframe and monitoring to closure.
- Demonstrate technical skill and flexibility, by anticipating and solving problems, to deliver on department and business goals
- Support Company policies and ensure relevant policy application across the site in co-operation with other departments to meet Company objectives
- Work with departmental personnel developing, planning, and implementing strategies to maximise operational efficiency
- Participate in building a high performing team culture (build trust, healthy conflict, commitment, accountability, team results)
- Participating in department business planning and ensuring work plans and resource needs are developed and communicated in a timely manner
Other required skills and experiences include:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the leadership and operational spheres of mining and/or heavy industry
- Tertiary qualifications in health and safety or related discipline
- Competency in IT and computer systems relevant to the role
- Lead Management System Auditing qualifications and experience
- WA Unrestricted C Class Drivers licence (manual)
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
Please note: This is a full time FIFO role from Perth on an 8 days on 6 days off roster.
How to Apply:
Our Commitment to You
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underpinned by our values of Safety, Sustainability, Integrity, Responsibility and Inclusion, our commitment is to respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination, as well as the cultures, religions, and governing codes applicable to each country in which we operate.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, submit your application through our website before the advertised closing date.
If you share our values and feel that you could make a meaningful difference in this role, please apply online before the advertised application closing date.
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for the opportunity.