PKKP Aboriginal Corporation
Travel & Events Officer
Welcome to the PKKP Aboriginal Corporation, who administers the traditional lands and waters on behalf of the Puutu Kunti Kurrama and Pinikura people.
These lands and waters cover approximately 10,888 square kilometres of Western Australia’s Pilbara region, between Onslow and Tom Price. The PKKP AC delivers a range of programs and services to support the social and economic well-being of PKKP Members.
To build strong PKKP people who are Self-Determined and prosperous.
To manage and exercise the native title rights of the Traditional Owners of PKKP, to ensure PKKP’s country is properly cared for, PKKP’s culture remains strong and vibrant and to build a prosperous future for PKKP people.
Our Core Values
Act with care and consideration, treat others fairly and with kindness
Our Organisation, People and Culture
The PKKP AC strives to be a best practice, authentic, and a high-performance corporation. Our vision, mission, values, and objectives have been developed by the community we serve to ensure the PKKP people remain at the heart of everything we do. Our job is to empower, equip and support the community to identify, govern and drive improved cultural, social, well-being and economic outcomes.
Our PKKP AC team are a diversely qualified, skilled, and experienced group of people, who enjoy working closely with the community and other stakeholders, to support PKKP’s vision of Self-Determination. We are a small, yet mighty team, with a big remit, and even bigger aspirations. We work hard, have fun, and support each other to achieve great outcomes for the community we serve.
About Corporate Services Unit
The PKKP AC Corporate Services Unit consists of three distinct elements:
- Business Management
- Human Resources
The Corporate Services Unit is responsible for managing PKKP AC’s compliance and operational commitments for the three elements under its’ remit using best practice principles.
The Corporate Services Unit is responsible for providing technical expertise for PKKP AC’s support mechanisms the operational functions and service delivery in areas of Land & Heritage, Co-Management and Native Title, PKKP Enterprises initiatives and all Member Services activities.
The Corporate Services Unit is responsible for designing, implementing, and continuously improving best practice principles for compliance and operation needs. Following generally accepted, business, accounting and human resources practices. The Unit will partner with external providers such as IT, audit, accounting, legal, learning & development, consultants and contractors to maintain and improve service deliver for the fundamental goal of the organization to improve and empower the lives of our PKKP Members.
About the role
The Travel & Events Coordinator will support the Business Manager across all travel coordination and bookings and organize events in house and with external providers.
The role is based in Karratha with travel to events and outreach programs within the Pilbara region and Perth.
Standard office hours are 8.30am to 4.30pm on a 37.5 hour weekly roster.
Opportunity for ongoing Learning & Development or Professional Development form a key part of the Human Resources strategies.
Working with a vibrant team doing work that has meaningful impact.
Supporting the Corporate Services Team in the delivery of best practice Travel & Events Coordination.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute a range of events, including cultural festivals, community gatherings, and stakeholder meetings.
- Manage all aspects of event logistics, including budgeting, vendor selection, site coordination, and attendee management.
- Manage all travel and accommodation bookings for PKKP AC.
- Develop promotional materials and marketing strategies to drive attendance and engagement at events. Manage all communication content creation and channels related to events and travel.
- Foster relationships with key event stakeholders, sponsors, and partners.
- Work closely with the community to gather stories, testimonials, and content that highlight the cultural significance and community impact of PKKP initiatives.
- Organize community engagement events to facilitate dialogue and consultation with PKKP community members.
- Assist in the development of educational materials to promote understanding of PKKP culture and heritage.
- Prepare regular reports on communication and event outcomes, using key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure effectiveness.
- Continuously evaluate and improve communication and event strategies based on feedback and data analysis.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in communications and event planning, particularly in a community or not-for-profit context.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including proficiency in storytelling and content creation.
- Proficiency in social media management and digital marketing.
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture and a commitment to cultural preservation and reconciliation.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong sense of initiative and creativity.
Working at PKKP AC
Along with a great team atmosphere and supportive work environment, PKKP AC offers a range of benefits to suit your lifestyle. This includes but not limited to:
- Professional development support
- Remote area tax concessions (Salary Sacrifice)
- Professional memberships support
- EAP Health and well-being
- Flexible workplace
How to Apply:
The PKKP AC is committed to delivering the best possible results and services to the Pinikura and Puutu Kunti Kurrama people. If you are looking for an opportunity to really make a difference supporting an Aboriginal Corporation and its community members, then the PKKP AC want to hear from you. Please apply through SEEK or if you have any questions before applying please reach out to Mark on 08 9185 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org